Wood Badge is a leadership training course which delivers high quality skills and techniques for leaders in all areas of Scouting. It draws from a wide range of sources within and beyond the bounds of Scouting to model the best techniques for developing leadership and teamwork among both young people and adults.
Because it was begun by Baden-Powell in England in 1919, it is clearly backed by the finest thought and tradition of the founder. Wood Badge is a great force for world brotherhood and provides leadership for Scouting and leadership for America.
To attend a Wood Badge course, individuals must:
- Be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. (Youth older than 18 may attend as long as the appropriate Youth Protection guidelines are followed. They do not need to be registered in an adult leadership role.)
- Have completed the Basic Training courses for their Scouting position.
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health & Medical form.
Wood Badge is for Scouting leaders from all areas of scouting…Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity, Venturing, and leaders with ecclesiastical leadership positions. Wood Badge benefits anyone in a leadership position.
Wood Badge teaches leadership techniques in a hands-on environment which you will be able apply to your Scouting involvement and your personal life.
As a result of attending Wood Badge you will...
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement.
- Revitalize your commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.
- Apply the skills you will learn from your participation as a member of a successful working team
June 13 - 15; 20 - 22, 2013 at Camp Tifie
July 1 - 6, 2013 at Camp Bartlett (Encompass)
September 5 - 7; 12 - 14, 2013 at Camp Fife
September 26 - 28; October 10 - 12, 2013 at Camp Hunt
October 24 - 26; November 7 - 9, 2013 at Camp Kiesel
$185 per participant
$50 deposit required
Select a link in the tab located on the right.